amazing memory snap
Many of you know about the Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth (CTY) program that I worked at over the summer while I was in college. It was a great experience every summer living on campus with a bunch of middle school kids. My first summer was working in Los Angeles at Loyola Marymount, and I remember it well. Proof I remember it well is that today one of the girls that lived in my hall walked into my office with a request. She recognized me and prompted me by saying I think you were my counselor at a summer program and I suddenly remembered her name! I even remembered where she was from! It really tickled me to meet her again and that we both remembered each other. I can't believe that she is a graduating senior already! That made me feel pretty old. It's nice to have a blast from the past every so often like that... ahh, the memories. CTY will always hold a special place in my heart since the next summer after LA, J and I met in Rhode Island.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home