Snapshots

Sunday, October 15, 2006

wakefield wimsy

On a whim, J and I decided to trek south to Wakefield, RI to check out their fall block party. It was a good glimpse of RI community. It reminded me of Willoughby's festivals, where I would scoop ice cream for hours at Scooters, while meeting and greeting all sorts of familiar faces. J and I weren't familiar faces, but we did wait in the line for a good scoop of ice cream. The highlight for me was the vintage Kodak camera I found for $5. It's from 1951 and cost $100 back then! I've already searched online for the film which I can find for about $10, but I think I may try to convert it into a pinhole. I think this may be the start of an old camera collection. The highlight for J was the kaaaaarate demo. They did a slow motion matrix-like fight sequence where the little guy faux-beats up the four big guys that were threatening him. It seemed just as elaborate as a cheerleading tournament to me. We shopped around sipping the hot cider offered at one hipster shop. It's nice to be surrounded by crisp fall air and festive people.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home