Snapshots

Monday, July 16, 2007

back around

I feel like I've been back around in town lately. My bestest college friends were around this weekend. Happy hour at good ol Spats on Friday went well beyond happy hour and we barely got home before the sun went down. Others went out and about but the pregnant lady has to go home to pass out. Then the next day we hosted another little barbecue (this time with help from our new Sam's Club membership - I know such troublemakers moving to the suburbs and buying a shopping club membership! - btw, no one told me about the little old ladies that give you samples of ridiculously good chocolate cake will insist that you buy some...ooh, then the next lady had penne parmigiana samples - no fair teasing this pregnant lady that is attempting to be healthy). After some eats and a tour of the new place, we headed over to the ridiculously crowded Waterfire downtown. It is the height of the summer and the weather was nearly perfect, so I guess I understand. We were able to carve out our own little spot in the grass and enjoy the view.


The next day we opened J's birthday present early from his parents and we were off to spend his home depot gift cards. We planted some new perennials and annuals in our full sun garden (hoping that J's bunny won't eat them). We also found a hydrangea plant that was so healthy is almost looks fake. People in line were asking us if it was real. It's pinky purple for now, but we can get fertilizer that will turn it blue (hopefully before the end of this season since it lasts through the fall). Here's the before shot, before the flowers fill in and the grass is jazzed up by the new sprinklers we bought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home