Snapshots

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

first RISD class

Last night was my first RISD class and my curiousity was piqued on how it would be. I had heard rumors that RISD classes require naked photo shoots and after attending the class I can't imagine that is true! The people in the class were more varied than that crazy Dale Carnegie class I took last year. There was everything from a grandma that wants to get better photos of her garden flowers to a pastry chef from Switzerland that wants to get into food photography. He passed around a polaroid camera which acted as our talking stick while we introduced ourselves and then we took a photo of our neighbor and passed it along. We were introduced to the roots of photography. Old tin photos and pin hole cameras are my instructor's passion. We left the three hour class with our first assignment: a throwaway camera and a list of different types of photos he wants us to capture. The Kodak Funsaver is actually sorta intimidating because you can't do anything fancy to it, but I like that it equals the playing field. It's a great throwback to high school when I had one of those cameras in my purse at all times!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home