bug hunter
Do not read on if you have compassion for hornets. Yesterday while on the phone with my sista, I casually mentioned to J that there was a hornet/waspy thing stuck between the window panel in our living room bay window. Suddenly J turned into bug hunter and whipped out a can of killer spray (which I didn't even know he had!). He discovered that the buggers were hiding in the shutters outside the baby's room. Horror ensues as I hear my mom's voice screaming out of me saying don't spray that poison! aaah, the window is cracked open - waaait! I could see J was overtaken with bug hunter inspiration and was plotting with his tongue hangin out of his mouth, so I tell my sister to hold and scurry upstairs to shut the window, for fear that I'd have to redo my nesting pattern of washing all the baby clothes and hanging them (then moving them to a new drawer...repeat). I do not want bad bug spray on my baby's favorite swivel glider. He then proceeds to spray the gross foam at least 7 feet in the air (all the while his tongue is sticking out - note: do not kiss husband due to poison particles on tongue). He got em (after another round prying their nest away through the window with his big leather coat on for protection) and I haven't seen him this excited by many of the home projects. I asked him what it would like if he was this excited to hang a new light fixture or paint a blank white wall?
Speaking of which, I can hardly believe that I forget to document the best new addition to our living room, three light green walls! (which J did on his birthday week - such a super sweets!) To top it off I found the beeest, huuuge mirror to hang over the fireplace that has this classy beveled edge and a beachy feel. I rearranged the vintage cameras and the room is really coming together well. I'm still amused that we ended up with couches and walls that almost match our tucson condo exactly. Before and after photos coming sometime soon...
Speaking of which, I can hardly believe that I forget to document the best new addition to our living room, three light green walls! (which J did on his birthday week - such a super sweets!) To top it off I found the beeest, huuuge mirror to hang over the fireplace that has this classy beveled edge and a beachy feel. I rearranged the vintage cameras and the room is really coming together well. I'm still amused that we ended up with couches and walls that almost match our tucson condo exactly. Before and after photos coming sometime soon...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home