taiwan celebration and boat races
In what I hope is the last heat wave this summer, we ventured out to Pawtucket for the Taiwan celebration and boat races. My friend came down from Boston and we had a fall inspired barbecue with ham steaks (from mixing table although they looked like they were straight from Dr. Suess). We then headed out to Pawtucket (which is not the jewel of RI). Once we were able to find a place to park and we were shuttled over in the sauna bus, I didn't think we'd last long (or maybe I thought I wouldn't last long with my big baby). We slurped up some Del's lemonade while watching a good heat of boat races which wasn't what I expected at all. The boats were loaded with people and there was a drummer on board to synchronize them. Then we were drawn in to watch the umbrella dances, tai kwon do, yoyo group demos. We survived the heat for a while, and then cruised straight up the road to the outlets to get some ice cream and some deals (the little me shop had huge sales I literally dreamt about last night). I'm glad to still be kicking around for that long on the weekends without feeling it too much.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home