Snapshots

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

wall paper ecstasy

I'm headed home to Ohio for a long weekend trip (baby shower in the mix too - can't wait!) so J's going to paint some more when I'm not around the fumes. We have a nice light chocolate color for an accent in both the kitchen and the living room. Then we picked out a cool green apple color for the bedroom (it was hard to stray away from blues like our last bedroom). We had a long wall of this funk-a-delic wall paper in the bedroom that was not a selling point. It was pretty muted and hard to really be offended by (unlike the flower explosion in the office, which will probably be our last project) but it just wasn't going to cut it long term. Since J has offered to paint without really any help from me, I wanted to contribute by getting the paper down. I had visions of picking at half torn paper edges and I hoped we wouldn't have to use any serious chemicals (I resorted to everything for a wall of crap paper in Tucson and eventually had to texture paint over it because we couldn't get it all off). Well, not only did it come down in major long pieces, but I didn't even have to spritz water on it. It was high quality dream paper without too many glue marks. The wall was prepped and nearly ready for paint in less than an hour. I can only dream that the other room will be that easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home