pseudo bday and more
Luca helping me open presents
Party onto the deck
Waterfire downtown
Friiiiday was my birthday and it was better than most. It was really a reflection of how much has happened in one short year to think of my birthday last year. At that point my co-workers of a little over two weeks took me out to lunch even though I hardly knew some of their names. I'm only partly exaggerating. This year two of my closer friends that work in other areas at Brown planned to get me out to lunch even though we were in the midst of a big proposal prep (which almost meant coming to work on Sunday - although my boss let me off easy and I didn't end up having to come - yea!). Friday work ended a little early because I had a doctor's appt and my glucose test - the sugar rush didn't ruin my birthday at all! Then to top off a good day, my folks were arriving to town with my aunt and a bunch more shower presents. We went to a bday dinner at the Grist Mill and afterward the geese/ducks customarily chased us into the parking lot going after our leftover boxes.
Saturday was my pseudo birthday, a party where I don't really highlight my birthday or make a big fuss, but I still feel surrounded by fun people. We had 28 people and kids at our house on a beautiful perfect day. It was the largest crowd I've ever hosted and it wouldn't have gone off so well without my families' help. My mom even repeated the schnazy veggie/meat flower skewers from my shower and they were even better the second time. Having a party with so many kids we risked our new carpet but luckily we'd made "outdoor brownies that taste better outside" as my smart mom friends insisted for their two year olds. After the party we all headed downtown to another packed Waterfire parking by the Prospect Terrace park to watch the sun set. I'll try to post some photos from my aunt later...
Sunday the fun continued as we scarfed down the ridiculously good brunch at Paragon which I thought would be followed by my going into work... But our copy editor hadn't finished yet, so instead we showed my family around Brown and new places like Roger Williams Park and Wickford, RI. The CreaTOYvity had the most adorable rocking dream meadow play pad from Haba (which doubles as a changing pad and travel bed) that my aunt spoiled Aiden with and I still can't stop day dreaming about. Going into work early this morning didn't seem so bad after being so active this past weekend... just gotta keep on, keeping on.
Friiiiday was my birthday and it was better than most. It was really a reflection of how much has happened in one short year to think of my birthday last year. At that point my co-workers of a little over two weeks took me out to lunch even though I hardly knew some of their names. I'm only partly exaggerating. This year two of my closer friends that work in other areas at Brown planned to get me out to lunch even though we were in the midst of a big proposal prep (which almost meant coming to work on Sunday - although my boss let me off easy and I didn't end up having to come - yea!). Friday work ended a little early because I had a doctor's appt and my glucose test - the sugar rush didn't ruin my birthday at all! Then to top off a good day, my folks were arriving to town with my aunt and a bunch more shower presents. We went to a bday dinner at the Grist Mill and afterward the geese/ducks customarily chased us into the parking lot going after our leftover boxes.
Saturday was my pseudo birthday, a party where I don't really highlight my birthday or make a big fuss, but I still feel surrounded by fun people. We had 28 people and kids at our house on a beautiful perfect day. It was the largest crowd I've ever hosted and it wouldn't have gone off so well without my families' help. My mom even repeated the schnazy veggie/meat flower skewers from my shower and they were even better the second time. Having a party with so many kids we risked our new carpet but luckily we'd made "outdoor brownies that taste better outside" as my smart mom friends insisted for their two year olds. After the party we all headed downtown to another packed Waterfire parking by the Prospect Terrace park to watch the sun set. I'll try to post some photos from my aunt later...
Sunday the fun continued as we scarfed down the ridiculously good brunch at Paragon which I thought would be followed by my going into work... But our copy editor hadn't finished yet, so instead we showed my family around Brown and new places like Roger Williams Park and Wickford, RI. The CreaTOYvity had the most adorable rocking dream meadow play pad from Haba (which doubles as a changing pad and travel bed) that my aunt spoiled Aiden with and I still can't stop day dreaming about. Going into work early this morning didn't seem so bad after being so active this past weekend... just gotta keep on, keeping on.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home